

We left Medford Oregon on Monday and arrived in Raleigh North Carolina on Friday. A week of hotels and playing 20 questions meant we were SO ready to stay somewhere for more than a week and couldn't be more excited to move into our new apartment.
On the way we hit an awful storm in Nebraska. We literally drove under the huge black cloud that was pelting hail stones the size of peas at our car. Then we almost crashed into a huge piece of machinery on the road. A guy hadn't strapped it to his truck properly and a woman had already swerved into a ditch trying to avoid it and was now stuck in the mud. Derek stopped to help him pull it out of the road while another guy flagged everyone down to move to the other lane. Thank goodness, if he wasn't there we would have had quite the pile up. But we passed through it soon after, Derek driving extremely carefully as usual :D
Then we saw the house.. you'll see the video.. what on earth? Only in America...

I just started laughing so hard at your video, that I actually called my co-workers in to watch & listen. Moving a house is a very common thing here in the USA. I'm glad you experienced a real midwest storm-they're amazing! Also, tell Derek that him helping move the junk on the road was actually quite similar to a story I shared in my lesson a couple weeks ago. I'll have to find it again and send you the link. He's a good man, he did what most don't do---Stop and help and get rid of the danger.
ReplyDeleteWhat an exciting road trip! I love exciting weather (from the safety and comfort of my car). I'm glad you're having a fun summer Debbie! -Allison Barnes
ReplyDelete